Primary Engineering STEM Webinar
Tuesday, May 18th at 3.30pm
This afternoon is suitable for Whole School Training in Stem & also individual CPD.
Presented by James Murtagh of Junior Einsteins STEM service providers in partnership with Athlone Education Centre and Navan Education & Support Centre.
Junior Einstein’s Meath & Westmeath is an award-winning STEM educational services provider for primary school children. We are approved by Science Foundation Ireland as STEM facilitators for the Discovery Maths & Science Program. We are currently working with the United Nations delivering STEM webinars to children worldwide. Our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of learning through hands on science. Our unique hands on approach to STEM learning focuses on teaching children how to think, not what to think- like true scientists!
Our Engineering STEM CPD program will
· Provide teachers with STEM classroom-based activities that broaden their students’ mathematical, design & engineering knowledge, in subjects such as construction, mechanical & chemical engineering.
· Help to develop positive associations with engineering amongst children through fun, hands on engineering activities like marble run, bubbling exothermic reactions, egg engineering & the principles of flight.
· Help children understand that it is ok to make mistakes & to learn from them through classroom based engineering projects & activities.
· Compliment the existing curriculum & emphasise essential skills, such as questioning, investigating, defining problems, analysing, interpreting, reasoning, devising alternative solutions, developing conclusions, and problem solving.
· Ensure all materials used are easily accessible for teachers & schools.
|Course Start Date / Time||18-05-2021 3:30 pm|
Primary Principals Leadership through Uncertainty
Insights, Ideas and Techniques
As a Primary School Principal, your experience may tell you that today’s mix of urgency, high stakes and uncertainty in your school is likely to continue for some time. This is an event for you if you are wondering how you and your school leadership team can continue to respond to the constantly changing challenge of providing education, ensuring a safe physical and online school environment and reassuring and motivating a whole school community. It will also assist you to champion wellness and to communicate with and connect with staff in this uncertain environment.
This discussion webinar is an initiative of the Centre for School Leadership and the Education Support Centres of Ireland. It brings together Primary Principals who will share their insight and experience and CSL coaches working with Principals and school leadership teams to share their ideas and techniques across a range of themes including:
• Leading through uncertainty
• Connecting vs communicating
• Responding to the anxiety of others
• Personal growth as a leader
• Embracing true leadership - the changing role of school leadership teams • Engaging the silent majority
• Transforming online meetings
• Managing the cost to self and how to sustain energy
• Leadership and team development though coaching
For more information on the CSL Coaching Programme please visit: https://www.cslireland.ie/coaching-for-principals.html
|Course Start Date / Time||18-05-2021 4:00 pm|
|Course Start Date / Time||01-07-2021|
Building Mental Fitness
Drawing on nearly 20 years’ experience of exploring the dynamics of human performance, Paul Gleeson’s talk will cover the following areas:
- Dynamics of mental fitness
- The human mind
- Levers of influence on our state of mind
- The role of personal energy management in harnessing stress
With the following learning objectives:
- Increased awareness of what mental fitness looks like and how to build it.
- Evolved sense of ownership for maintaining mental fitness.
- Practical tools and tips on how to build or evolve your own mental fitness practice.
Paul Gleeson is a performance coach, facilitator and keynote speaker.
|Course Start Date / Time||23-09-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||23-09-2021 8:00 pm|
Athlone Education Centre
EIRCODE: N37 HO43
TEL: +353 90 6420400