LC24-01Sp Y-Path PE 4 Me
Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ Oide Elective Workshop
- Venue: Athlone Education Centre
- Date: 29/02/2024
- Time: 5-8pm
- Price: FREE
What is Y-PATH PE 4 Me?
Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ is a Junior Cycle Physical Education (JCPE) programme for post primary schools, which aims to improve physical activity among young people. This JCPE programme complements the learning outcomes for students, as set out in the new Curriculum Specification. This continuing professional development (CPD) opportunity for teachers is delivered as an elective workshop for Oide. Please note that this programme is available only to PE teachers.
Teachers who take part in this Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ CPD will receive a FREE pack with lesson plans, posters, student journals, as well as access to an online teachers portal, containing digital resources to assist with lessons. Teachers must complete a one-hour e-learning course on the Irish Heart Foundation website www.irishheart.ie/y-path prior to attending this face-to-face workshop.
Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ - Benefits for your students:
- Empowers students and helps to build motivation and confidence.
- Develops fundamental movement skills and physical literacy. • Provides opportunities to participate in a variety of enjoyable activities.
- Aims to reduce the age-related decline in physical activity common among post primary school age students.
Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ - Benefits for teachers:
- Uses a whole-school approach with elements for students, teachers and parents.
- Evidence based, backed by over 12 years of research.
- Clear wellbeing indicator links highlighted for each lesson.
- Designed by teachers for teachers.
- Does not require any major equipment to run lessons.
- Free Y-PATH ‘PE 4 Me’ pack with lesson plans, resource cards and posters.
Teachers must register directly with Athlone Education Centre www.athloneeducationcentre.com Please note as a reminder that teachers must complete a one-hour e-learning course on the Irish Heart Foundation website www.irishheart.ie/y-path before attending the Education Centre workshop.
This programme is delivered in partnership by the Irish Heart Foundation, Dublin City University, University College Cork, Oide and endorsed by Sports Ireland.
If you have any further questions, contact the Irish Heart Foundation schools team on:(01) 6685001 or email
|Course Start Date / Time||29-02-2024 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||29-02-2024 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||15-02-2024 5:00 pm|
|Location||Athlone Education Centre|