Leaving Cert English (Higher Level)
October 14th 5p.m.-6p.m. Please note this is now changed to one session only.
· Comprehension- how to prepare for all three sections; the general understanding, the delivery, timing, volume of information required.
· Special attention to the style question. Key vocabulary required, how to recognise style elements and how they improve the text given.
· Recognising and writing in different language genres; Language of Argument, Narrative writing, Persuasive writing, Aesthetic writing etc.
· Functional Writing- exposure to quality texts. How to create a H1 effort. Structure- explanation of and adherence to IFCR.
· The highest mark earner on the paper- the 100m essay. Guidelines for the two year preparation for this essay.
· A closer examination of the Personal Essay.
· Ingredients for a quality Short Story.
· What does a Descriptive Essay look like?
· Preparing a quality Speech.
|Course Start Date / Time||14-10-2021 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||14-10-2021 6:00 pm|
Athlone Education Centre
EIRCODE: N37 HO43
TEL: +353 90 6420400