Click here for further information
ThePostgraduate Diploma in School Leadership (PDSL) / Dioplóma Gairmiúil i gCeannaireacht Scoile (DGCS)is designed to prepare aspiring leaders with the knowledge, skills, confidence and qualifications for senior school leadership positions.
Athlone Education Centre is one of the designated centres to host this programme in collaboration with the University of Limerick, National University of Ireland Galway & University College Dublin.
18 months, Part-Time, Blended Learning
The Postgraduate Diploma in School Leadership is a part-time, blended learning programme consisting of 6 taught modules delivered in 12-week semester-long blocks during the academic year. Students attend an induction day in the University of Limerick prior to commencement in year 1.
Semester 1: Sept. - Dec
- Induction - University of Limerick
- Leading Learning and Teaching in the Irish context
- Professional Growth and Development
- Leading International Expert in Leadership Webinar
Semester 2: Jan - May
- Leading School Development
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Situated Learning - School Based
- Leading International Expert in Mentoring/Coaching Webinar
Semester 3: Sept. - Dec.
- Managing the Organisation
- Building Culture, Capacity and Teams
- Situated Learning - Organisation
- Leading International Expert in in School Development/Leadership Culture Webinar